2 cups AP flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 whole eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Tbs vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs melted butter
2 Tbs whole milk
- Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl until fully incorporated. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture until dough forms, being sure not to over beat.
- Let dough chill at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, place dough batter 1 inch apart of baking sheet. They will not spread that much. Bake 15 minutes and immediately remove to cooling sheet.
- While cookies are baking, make icing by whisking together confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter and milk or water in a medium bowl. Spoon icing onto cookies immediately after coming out of oven, being sure to decorate quickly as well before icing hardens.
Yield: 24 cookies