- 2 1-1/2 lb live lobsters
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 stalks small celery
- 1 Tbs finely chopped chives
- 1 fresh lemon, zested then cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 New England style hot dog buns
- 4 Tbs per bun Softened unsalted butter
- Fresh arugula greens
- Whole grain mustard to garnish
- Break down lobster. Here's a good instructional video >>
- Cook the lobster using this classic method >>
- Allow lobster to cool while preparing dressing.
- To make dressing, stir together mayonnaise, celery, chives, 1 tsp lemon zest, and Old Bay. Gently fold in lobster and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in shallow fry pan on medium heat and toast each side of hot dog rolls until golden.
- Lay arugula inside buns, followed by generous spoonfuls of lobster salad. Finish with a small spooning of mustard, a chive garnish, and a fresh squeeze of lemon. Serves about 4.
©2013 Amanda Antinore